[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting this Friday!

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Tue Jun 5 12:46:31 CDT 2018

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting

Join us this Friday evening, June 8th, as Rodney Rocha discusses "The Hyperboles of Hyperbolas".  Rocha is an Aerospace Engineer in the Structural Engineering Division at JSC, whose hobbies include astronomy and orbital mechanics.  His presentations are always hands-on and very interesting, so join us and get your orbital mechanics on!

Our other short talks will be: "Astro Oddities", "What's Up? (In the Sky this month)", the informative "Member's Minute", a Calendar of this year's Upcoming Star Parties and STAR Time (a chance were you can "Show, Tell, Ask or Respond" to the group)!  BTW...after-meeting discussions continue at Mod Pizza.
JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of the USRA Bldg. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr., aka The Lunar & Planetary Institute)  For more info, see our website at jscas.net

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library: Please return your borrowed DVDs before the meeting or during the break. Yes, you can check them out again!