[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting This Friday!

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Mon May 7 08:37:07 CDT 2018

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting

Join us NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT, MAY 11th, 7:30, as Darrin Lewer of Land, Sea, & Sky discusses the "Trends in Telescopes, Eyepieces & Binoculars for Astronomy."  Darrin will have a variety of astronomy equipment on-hand for his presentation.  Lewer started his astronomy journey as a teen and went on to co-found the Texas A&M Astronomy Club before joining LS&S where he has worked for the last 20 years.  If you are looking to get started in astronomy...OR considering an up-grade...this is the presentation for you!  Darrin knows his stuff!

Our other short talks will be: "Astro Oddities", "D-I-Y Astronomy", the informative "Member's Minute", a Calendar of this year's Upcoming Star Parties and STAR Time (a chance were you can "Show, Tell, Ask or Respond" to the group)!  BTW...after-meeting discussions continue at Mod Pizza.
JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of the USRA Bldg. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr., aka The Lunar & Planetary Institute)  For more info, see our website at jscas.net

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library: THE LIBRARY WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS MEETING.  Please bring your DVDs to the next meeting, June 8th.