[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society Meeting This Friday

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Tue Jul 9 10:08:16 CDT 2013

 Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society Meeting

Our July meeting this Friday at 7:30pm will feature Aaron Clevenson from
the North Houston Astronomy Club giving us a talk entitled "Things That
go Bump in the Night: Cosmic Catastrophes".  Come see the fascinating
ways in which outer space changes, in a sometimes rapid fashion.

What do YOU look for through a telescope?  We'll provide some
suggestions in our "What's Up in the Sky this Month" talk.  We provide a
unique take on astronomy related history in the "Astro Oddities"
presentation, and encourage our guests to come up with their own
questions that they always wanted answered in our novice Q & A Session.
We'll also discuss our upcoming Star Parties where we invite the public
to come view the night time sky.

Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30pm in the
lecture hall of the USRA Bldg. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr.)
Membership to the JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about
astronomy.  There are no dues, no-by laws, you just show up at our
meetings.  Don't forget, there are loaner telescopes and an educational
DVD library as benefits of membership!  For more info, see our site at
jscas.net

Note:  All those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library are
reminded to bring in their educational materials to the next JSCAS
meeting.  There are now over 110 DVDs in the JSCAS Library to
borrow...and several loaner scopes (which need to be requested in
advance)..