[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society meeting this Friday!

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Wed May 6 08:38:09 CDT 2015

Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society Meeting

This Friday, our May meeting will feature Astronaut Stan Love who will give us a bird's eye view of the STS-122 Mission that delivered the Columbus Module to the International Space Station.  Dr. Love is a talented and engaging speaker and this will be a meeting you won't want to miss!

Are you new to astronomy and want to learn what to see in the night time sky?  We've got your answer!  Our other topics will include 'What's Up in the Sky This Month?' with suggestions for observing, the intriguing 'Astro Oddities', the novice Q & A Session where you can ask your questions to our membership, a preview of our upcoming star parties, and the informative Member's Minutes.

JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  After joining, you'll have access to our Loaner Telescopes and our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (produced by Astronomy Magazine, NASA, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of the USRA Bldg. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr.)  Pizza and refreshments follow at Mr. Gatti's at El Camino Real and Bay Area Blvd.  For more info, see our website at jscas.net

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library:  The DVD Library will NOT be available at this meeting.  You can turn them in or keep them until next month's meeting.