[Cosmic-Explorations] International Observe the Moon Night at the Lunar and Planetary Institute
Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Wed Aug 27 11:24:06 CDT 2014
On September 6, 2014, the whole world will collectively admire and celebrate our Moon during International Observe the Moon Night (InOMN). Join the Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) and the Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society (JSCAS) as we celebrate the 5th Anniversary of this world-wide event.
During the LPI event you can:
* Learn about the Moon through hands-on activities
* Observe the Moon through telescopes provided by the JSCAS (weather permitting)
* View lunar samples returned by the Apollo astronauts
* Speak with lunar scientists
* Hear lunar science and exploration presentations from LPI scientists Dr. Georgiana Kramer and Dr. Walter Kiefer
This free event at LPI begins at 8:00 PM and ends at 10:00 PM. LPI is located in the USRA building at 3600 Bay Area Boulevard in the Clear Lake region of Houston; the entrance is located on Middlebrook Drive. For more information about International Observe the Moon Night, please visit http://observethemoonnight.org/.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cosmic-Explorations