[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting this Friday

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Thu Sep 7 08:45:41 CDT 2023

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting

The September meeting of the JSCAS will be at the University of Houston Clear Lake, Friday, September 8th at 7:30, Room 1203 in the STEM Building.  Attendees are asked to use Parking Lot D3 or D4.

This month we will have Rich Wilbourn, formally of McDonald Observatory.  Wilbourn, a lifelong astronomer and a UT-Austin graduate of Astronomy, will present an 'Introduction to Astrophotography for Photographers.'  Join us this Friday to if you are interested in turning your camera to the night skies!
Our agenda also includes: What's Up? (in the Sky), Star Party News, DIY Astronomy, Member's Minutes, and Novice Q & A.  Meetings will also be streamed to our YouTube if you are unable to attend: https://www.youtube.com/c/JSCAstronomicalSociety/streams
The JSCAS YouTube Channel link will be posted on the JSCAS web page:  http://www.jscas.net<http://www.jscas.net/>
JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm.

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library:  The DVD Library will NOT be available at this meeting.