[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting this Friday

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:56:51 CST 2023

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting

The In-Person January meeting of the Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society (JSCAS) will be held this Friday, January 13th, 7:30 pm CST, at the Lunar & Planetary Institute (LPI/USRA 3600 Bay Area Blvd, in auditorium).  The meeting will also be streamed on the JSCAS YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/JSCAstronomicalSociety/streams
This month we will have Dr. David Haviland from the JSCAS take us on a journey of Saturn's History.  Haviland is an experienced astronomer logging countless hours of observation, outreach, and leadership though multiple astronomy organizations.  Dr. Haviland will present "How a Trip to See STS-127 Lift Off, Ended Up Being a Dive Into Saturn History."  This will be a great presentation for those wanting to learn more about our famous ringed planet.  Our agenda also includes: "DIY Astronomy", "Member's Minutes", and the Novice Q & A: Where YOU get to ask us the questions.  And The Meeting after The Meeting - MOD Pizza!

Also, the JSCAS YouTube Channel link will be posted on the JSCAS web page:  http://www.jscas.net
JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of The Lunar & Planetary Institute. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr., aka USRA Bldg.)

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library: Please hold your borrowed DVDs until the next meeting held at the Lunar & Planetary Institute.