[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting this Friday

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Thu Dec 8 09:00:12 CST 2022

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting

The In-Person December meeting of the Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society (JSCAS) will be held, Friday, December 9th, 7:30 pm CST, at the Lunar & Planetary Institute (LPI, 3600 Bay Area Blvd).  The meeting will also be streamed on the JSCAS YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/JSCAstronomicalSociety/streams
This month, we will be having series of Short Astronomy Presentations by JSCAS members.  The agenda for the meeting is shown below:
Welcome - Doug Holland
Newtonian Collimation - David Haviland
A Graphical View of our Solar System - Marc DeChellis
Introduction to the Zooniverse - Justin McCollum
Member's Minute - Snapshots of the Board on Physics and Astronomy Fall Meeting - Dan Roy
Member's Minute - M45 from the Stephens Farm and Some Extras - Treavor Quinn
The Cosmic Inventory - Brandon Reddell
Results from the Eldorado Star Party - Doug Holland
Star Party News - David Haviland
Door Prizes / Next Month's Meeting Information
And The Meeting after The Meeting - MOD Pizza!

Also, the JSCAS YouTube Channel link will be posted on the JSCAS web page:  http://www.jscas.net
JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of The Lunar & Planetary Institute. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr., aka USRA Bldg.)

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library: Please hold your borrowed DVDs until the next meeting held at the Lunar & Planetary Institute.