[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting this Friday - ONLINE

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Thu Sep 10 08:44:28 CDT 2020

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting - ONLINE

The September meeting of the JSCAS will be held ONLINE, this Friday, September 11th at 7:30 pm, on YouTube.  (See below.)  This month's speaker will be Tom Field, a Contributing Editor at Sky & Telescope Magazine.  Tom's topic, You Can Almost Touch the Stars, is a look at amateur spectroscopy techniques.  Have you ever wanted to detect Neptune's atmosphere from your own backyard?  Tune in Friday to learn how!
Our agenda also includes a look at upcoming Star Parties and DIY Astronomy topics.
The meeting can be accessed by going to the JSCAS YouTube Channel at the link:  https://bit.ly/3gTpqvU
To submit questions for our presenters during the meeting, please either enter your questions as a YouTube comment (if you have an account that will allow doing so) or send your questions to:  jscaslive at gmail.com<mailto:jscaslive at gmail.com>
Also, the JSCAS YouTube Channel link will be posted on the JSCAS web page:  http://www.jscas.net

JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of The Lunar & Planetary Institute. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr., aka USRA Bldg.)  For more info, see our website at jscas.net

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library: Please hold your borrowed DVDs until the next meeting held at the Lunar & Planetary Institute.