[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting this Friday!

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Mon Dec 10 21:56:06 CST 2018

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting

Join us this Friday, December 14th, at 6:30 p.m. on the lawn outside of the Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) for our monthly meeting. This month, members of the JSC Astronomical Society will have telescopes set up for observing.  Stop by for an opportunity to look through a variety of different amateur telescopes.  If the weather is cloudy, then our meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. inside the LPI Auditorium, where members of the club will give a wide-range of Astronomy 101 presentations.  Rain or shine, this meeting is perfect for anyone who would like to get started in astronomy!
JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of the USRA Bldg. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr., aka The Lunar & Planetary Institute)  For more info, see our website at jscas.net

BTW...After-meeting discussions continue at Mod Pizza.
Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library:  Please return your borrowed DVDs. Yes, you can check them out again!