[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting this Friday!

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Wed Mar 7 08:29:33 CST 2018

Johnson Space Center Astronomical Society Meeting
Join us this Friday evening, March 9th, as Al Kelly from the JSCAS takes us on a journey through his "Travels In Astrophotography."  Kelly, retired from JSC in 2005 after 35 years, found a love of astronomy at the age of 10.  By age 12, Kelly had built his own telescope through which he saw the rings of Saturn for the first time. So join us this Friday as we explore astrophotography, from film cameras to CCDs. (You can probably expect plenty of "ooooohs" and "aaaaahs"!)

Our other short talks will be: "D-I-Y Astronomy", "Astro Oddities", the informative "Member's Minute", a Calendar of this year's Upcoming Star Parties and the STAR Time Q&A where you get to ask us questions about astronomy!  (After-Meeting discussions continue at Mod Pizza.)
JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  (It's the best offer money can't buy!)  After joining, you'll have access to our amazing Astronomy DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, The Great Courses, Discovery Channel, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of the USRA Bldg. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr., aka The Lunar & Planetary Institute)  For more info, see our website at jscas.net

Note to all those who have borrowed DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library: Please HOLD your DVDs until next month as the Library will not be available this Friday.