[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society Meeting - This Friday

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Mon Jan 6 15:33:09 CST 2014

Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society Meeting
This month's meeting, this Friday, January 10th at 7:30 pm, will feature Bob Taylor who will provide the annual...and always entertaining...Review of the Past Year in Astronomy...with lots of images (lots!) and NASA related info.  Many of our membership think this is always the best presentation of the year.  Come see if you agree.

We'll also discuss our upcoming events, including our fun star parties.  Other meeting topics include "What's Up in the Sky this Month?" with suggestions for beginner observing, the always intriguing "Astro Oddities", and the novice Q & A Session.

JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about astronomy and membership is FREE!  After joining, you'll have access to our Loaner Telescopes and our amazing DVD Library with 100's of choices to learn from (from Astronomy Magazine, NASA, etc.).  Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30 pm in the lecture hall of the USRA Bldg. (3600 Bay Area Blvd. at Middlebrook Dr.)  For more info, see our website at jscas.net

Note to all those who have borrowed 35 DVDs from the JSCAS Media Library:  PLEASE BRING THEM BACK AT THE BEGINNING & DURING THE BREAK AT THIS MEETING.  YES, you can check them out again...or acquire new ones!