[Cosmic-Explorations] Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society June Meeting

Shaner, Andrew Shaner at lpi.usra.edu
Mon Jun 10 15:45:34 CDT 2013

The Johnson Space Center Astronomy Society's June meeting will be this
Friday, June 14 at 7:30pm in the lecture hall at the Lunar and Planetary
Institute. The June meeting will feature Dr. Stephen Bradshaw from Rice
University who will give us insight on explosive solar phenomena and how
space weather affects Earth. Solar induced magnetic storms are a real
threat to modern society, and you're welcomed to come learn why.

We'll discuss our upcoming Star Parties, where we invite the public to
come and look through our telescopes. Other meeting topics include the
Member's Minute on a comet this winter, "What's Up in the Sky this
Month?" with suggestions for beginner observing, the always intriguing
"Astro Oddities", and the novice Q & A Session.

Our meetings are held on the 2nd Friday of each month at 7:30pm.
Membership to the JSCAS is open to anyone who wants to learn about
astronomy. There are no dues, no-by laws, you just show up to our
meeting. Don't forget, there are loaner telescopes and an educational
DVD library as benefits of membership!

For more information, please visit http://www.jscas.net.